Monday, December 28, 2009

A Sewing Machine!

Remember a few entries back when I talked about changing my mind about sewing?

Well, I mentioned these thoughts to my mother and mother-in-law a couple of times, and guess what they got me for Christmas??

A sewing machine!



So, today I managed to test it out & make a very rough "purse" for Talia and a hat for her doll, while trying it out (out of an old shirt of Ken's that we were going to throw out. (I will be happy to throw them out later, when I sew something that looks decent ;)

But look forward to more sewing-related posts in the new year! :)

2 comments:

  1. How fun! What a great gift from your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I totally know what you mean about sewing. I've had a love/hate relationship with it ever since I can remember. I even took a sewing class in college to try to help me along. After not doing so well in the class I decided it was okay that I never sew again. But then you get around someone who loves to sew and they show you a few things you think you could probably do (for me it was Tami) and you catch the bug. I'm excited to see the things you do! I'm sure they'll be great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails